10.17.2009

Busan Film Festival

Last weekend, I went to the Busan Film Festival with some friends. It was a lot of fun. I was able to see a lot of movies. Unfortunately though, I spent much of the weekend half-asleep...including a lot of the time I spent in the actual movies. It was OK though, I can say I have been to a movie festival and waited in line at 5am-9:30am for movie tickets.

So, I saw 5-ish movies on Saturday-Sunday morning, went to a jjimjilbong (spa/sauna with places to sleep as well) with Agne after our last movie (at like, 7am). We enjoyed the spas and slept there until noon. Then we went to see a famous temple called Beomeosa. It was a pretty fantastic site. Definitely my favorite temple in South Korea so far.

Later that night, we took a KTX home. We had standing seats, which saved us 5000won? We ended up sitting in an area between two trains the whole way. It was not bad at all. I was very excited to ride the KTX because the KTX is the fast train in South Korea. I can now cross the Eurostar from Brussels to London, the TGV from Luxembourg City to Paris, and the KTX from Seoul to Busan off of my list. I am a huge train and subway nerd, so of course, I had to take a video:

No comments: