2.27.2010

Kindergarten Graduation

I do not know what you will think of the following video, however, I can assure you that this is in fact normal in Korea:

Kindergarten Graduation was sad. Luckily, I will still be teaching a majority of my students next week, only in the afternoon. I will see them for about 3 hours a week compared with the 20 hours that I had spent with them. This is probably for the best in the long term.

I was more sad because our head teacher was leaving and she had connected greatly with the students and their parents. She was/IS a great teacher and will be missed.

The drama performance went as well as we could have expected. Of course, it could have been better, but we are talking about kindergarten-ers here...

I have a new class on Wednesday. Monday is a holiday and Tuesday is a weird work day for me which will mostly be spent arranging my classroom and preparing to teach the next class. My next class will be new English speakers. I will be teaching them basic phonics (ABCs...sounds, basic words). They are 7-year olds. I will also be teaching phonics to the 6-year old class, or the 'babies.' Korean age is different, too...long story short, essentially subtract one year from what they say and you have their American age. If you want to read more about it...go here.

That is it for now. Work is about to get a little more stressful with a lot of change next week, so I am spending some of my weekend mentally preparing for it. Do a little work early in effort to save your sanity at a later time.

Alan =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell me you did the choreography?

LindsayD said...

dearest Alan,

I am so so sad that I just today found this awesome site!

Hope all is well! your students are adorable!